Gladstone School Board has approved Open Enrollment for the 2018-19 school year.
“Families interested in school choice have long sought enrollment in Gladstone because of our small, close-knit community,” said Superintendent Bob Stewart. “Having a smaller school district, we can better address students’ individual needs and provide more innovative programs.”
Applications are being accepted through April 1, 2018.
To complete the fillable pdf application, download the form, complete the form, save it to your computer and then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Gladstone School District Office to pick up a form.
Eligibility Requirements for Open Enrollment:
- Student must be entering grades K-10 in the fall of 2018.
- Student lives outside the Gladstone School District boundaries.
- Application must be received no later than April 1, 2018 at the Gladstone School District Administration Office or by email to email@example.com
No openings at Grades 11 and 12.
If more applications are received than available capacity, the District shall use a lottery system to select the students that will be granted admission. Priority status for siblings of students enrolling under open enrollment.
Attention incoming 9th and 10th graders: Admission under Open Enrollment does not guarantee athletic eligibility at the high school level. OSAA regulations apply and should be carefully considered.
TRANSPORTATION: No out of district transportation will be provided.
Unique programs in Gladstone Schools include:
• Kindergarten science, music, P.E., and art
• Elementary technology, music, library, and P.E.
• Culture of Care for grades K to 8.
• Middle School AVID college readiness program.
• 5-day Outdoor School for all sixth grades
• 36 college-level courses including on-site career-technical classes
Each school will offer opportunities for tours or student shadow experiences starting in February. To arrange a tour, contact the school office:
Gladstone Center for Children & Families (K) 503.496.3939 GCCF 2017-18 School Profile
John Wetten Elementary (1, 2,3,4, & 5) – – 503.655.6564 JWE 2017-18 School Profile
Kraxberger Middle School (6,7 & 8) – – 503.655.3636 KMS 2017-18 School Profile
Gladstone High School (9,10,11 & 12) – – 503.655.2544 GHS 2017-18 School Profile
For Open Enrollment questions call Natalie Weninger – – 503.496.3935