Gladstone opens fall applications to non-residents
Those living outside the Gladstone School District can apply now to attend Gladstone Schools in 2018-19. Open Enrollment applications are available here. Applications are due April 1 for spots in grades K to 10. For more information, call Natalie Weninger at 503.496.3935.
Outstanding programs include:
• Kindergarten science, music, P.E., and art
• Elementary technology, music, library, and P.E.
• Culture of Care for grades K to 8.
• Middle school AVID college readiness program.
• 5-day Outdoor School for all sixth grades
• 36 college-level high school courses
• 36 on-site career-technical classes
Thursday events offer fun & learning each week
Children six and under are invited to participate with caregivers in free enrichment activities designed to help toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarten students get ready for school. Each child attending will receive a free book each visit. The events take place from 4:15 to 5 p.m. each Thursday at the Gladstone Center for Children & Families, 18905 Portland Avenue in Gladstone. Here’s the schedule::
• First Thursdays — Story Hour
• Second Thursdays — Activity Hour
• Third Thursdays — STEAM Hour
• Fourth Thursdays — Science Hour
Sponsor a kindergarten classroom
Want to add enrichment, hands-on projects, and student support to Gladstone’s Kindergarten? Sponsor a GCCF classroom, and help us meet children’s needs! Your pledge of $250 will provide: Art projects, Field trips, Books and classroom supplies, Help for struggling families, and Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS). To sign up, contact Director Jere Applebee at the GCCF office.