I am ready for Kindergarten! I can…
- Count up to 100, starting at any number (for example, 13 or 27).
- Count up to 20 objects accurately, touching each one as I count.
- Write my numbers, 0-20.
- Name shapes (triangle, circle, square, rectangle, hexagon, rhombus).
- Use position words (for example, above, below, beside, in front of, behind, next to, between, over, under).
- Compare objects (for example, longer/shorter, more/less, heavier/lighter)
How can I help my child learn math?
- Count together! Fruit at the grocery store, ants crawling on the sidewalk, how many times they bounce a ball, etc.
- Play with shapes. Encourage your child to experiment and create new shapes. Talk about them.
- Play games. Describe things you see and have your child guess what it is. (For example, “I see something green behind the table.”)