Volunteering in the Classroom
Why volunteer in your child’s classroom? Here are some great reasons:
• Extra adult helpers means more one-on-one help for each child.
• You get to see what your child is learning, so you can better help them at home.
• You will get to know your child’s teacher, and can ask the questions you have.
• Children benefit from positive adult role models.
• Field trips are only possible with help from volunteer chaperones.
• If your child sees you volunteering, they will see how much you value education.
• Children whose parents volunteer grow up to be volunteers.
• Nothing will put a smile on your face like hanging out with kindergarten kids!
To volunteer in our kindergarten classrooms, call District Volunteer Coordinator Theresa Schmidt at 503-496-3939 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A weekly two-hour shift can make a real difference for our school!