The Gladstone Center for Children & Families [GCCF] is a unique facility designed for our youngest learners. Besides offering preschool and kindergarten programs, our building is home to a long list of community organizations that provide support services to families.
Here you will find everything from nutrition services and a health clinic to mental health services and a social service navigator. We work together to ensure that families are stabilized and each child is ready for school.
Kindergarten is a cornerstone of our work. This year we will focus our efforts on the following:
- Improving school attendance. Research shows that a child’s long-term academic success is built on the attendance patterns set early in their school years. They more school they attend, the better they learn!
• Building literacy skills. By the end of the kindergarten year, we want each student reading, or ready to read as they enter first grade.
• Bringing additional services to our community. Through partnerships and alliances, we will continue working to meet the needs of families with children from birth to age eight.
• Expanding our Culture of Care work. Creating a positive school culture and calming school routines gives each student the opportunity to achieve his or her highest potential.
• Building on our Positive Behavior Intervention & Support program. Celebrating students’ good behavior and cooperative spirit creates a productive and supportive school environment that helps each child succeed.
Thanks for all you do to support our school community, whether as a parent, a volunteer, a community member, or an educator. Your good work makes all the difference to meeting the needs of the children we serve.
Early Learning Director/Kindergarten Principal
Gladstone Center for Children & Families