This team works to increase student success by building understanding, trust, and collaboration between Gladstone schools and its partners, including families, benefactors, social service agencies, businesses, the faith community, volunteers, and community members.
• Support families by providing free parent classes, creating a food pantry as a hub of the Backpack Buddies program, and establishing a new clothes closet run by community partners.
• Expand two-way communication through new communications tools, a district survey, and work to increase attendance at parent conferences.
• Build community through grant-funded initiatives in each school to increase wraparound supports for family stability and student learning success.
• Increase volunteerism to create and operate a food pantry and a clothes closet, as well as student support at the Gladstone Center.
• Support learning at home by providing parents with information on kindergarten readiness goals and Common Core standards.
• Involve parents in education policy and practice through community conversations at each school about aspirations for students.
For information, contact:
Lennie Bjornsen, Director of Student & Family Supports
Leslie Robinette, Communications Coordinator