This team works to increase student success through partnership development, grant writing, family services, two-way communications, family involvement, services to unhoused families, and wellbeing support for students and staff.
• Support families by recruiting non-profit partners to provide parenting classes, a kids clothes closet, a school food pantry, on-site individual counseling, free books for students, drug & alcohol counseling, volunteerism, and grant funding.
• Support student and staff wellbeing through encouraging life balance, mindfulness, good health, caring connections, and more.
• Assist unhoused families, connecting them with resources, essentials, and assistance programs.
• Expand two-way communication through social media, surveys, and focus groups.
• Provide on-going, transparent communications about the district through weekly news blasts, newsletters, texts, social media, news media, and websites.
• Build community through grant-funded initiatives in each school to increase wraparound supports for family stability and student learning success.
• Support learning at home by providing parents with information on kindergarten readiness goals and resources to help their children expand their learning.
• Involve parents in education policy and practice through community conversations at each school about aspirations for students.
For information, contact:
Ben Bowman, Director of Student & Family Supports
Ali Feuerstein, Coordinator of Student & Staff Wellbeing/Homeless Liaison
503.655.2544 ext. 418
Leslie Robinette, Communications Coordinator/Grant Writer