Families in Transition

Who qualifies?
The federal government’s legal definition of Title X is based on the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act includes anyone who

  • Is lacking a regular, fixed and adequate nighttime residence (sub-standard housing)
  • Is sharing housing due to economic struggles (doubled-up)
  • Is living in a shelter, hotel or motel
  • Is living in a public place not designed for sleeping (cars, parks)
  • Is an unaccompanied youth, not living with a parent or guardian
  • Is awaiting foster care placement
  • Is a child or youth abandoned in a hospital

For assistance, call Petra Hoghova at 503.656.6564, extension 258 or email hoghovap@gladstone.k12.or.us

We can help.
We may be able to assist you with the following if you qualify under Title X.

  • Assistance with academic fees
  • Feasible transportation to school of origin (school attended when qualified for Title X)
  • Free meals at school
  • School clothes
  • School supplies
  • Referrals to health and dental care