Gladstone Gladiator Athletics
Gladstone High School and Tri-Valley Conference Regular Athletic Contests:
||ATHLETIC SEASON PASS
The pass admits the bearer to all home season athletic events.
General Athletic Requirements
Participating in school approved athletics is a privilege that involves certain additional responsibilities. All student-athletes are expected to conform to the following regulations if they choose to participate as a member of a Gladstone High School (GHS) Athletic Team. In addition, athletic participants must meet Oregon School Activities Association academic standards. Refer to the GHS Athletic/Activities Handbook for complete list of standards.
- Must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA with no F’s the preceding trimester and meet the OSAA requirement for progress toward graduation.
- Be in attendance at school all day (unless prearranged) before being allowed to participate or compete on that day.
- Must pass an athletic medical examination (physical) or have one on file prior to the first official practice. Physicals are good for 2 years from the date of examination. For a copy of the OSAA school pre-participation examination form click here.
- The school district makes available a student insurance program through an independent insurance carrier. Using this carrier is not required; it is a matter for each family to decide. However, some form of medical insurance must cover students who take part in athletics. More information about the program can be found on their website, here.
- All students are required to travel to and from all athletic contests in school approved vehicles. Deviations from this require approval by the coach, and athletic director, or principal.
- Athletes will conduct themselves in a manner which brings credit to their team, school, and community.
- Athletes will abide by published athletic code standards which prohibit the use of alcohol, tobacco (in any form), and narcotics.
- Athletes will dress and appear as stipulated by the coach of each sport.
- Athletes will abide by published expectations distributed by each coach.
|Cody Aker, Athletic Director
|Scotti Shaner, Athletic Secretary