Gladstone Gladiator Athletics
Gladstone High School and Tri-Valley Conference Regular Athletic Contests:
||ATHLETIC SEASON PASS
The pass admits the bearer to all home season athletic events.
|Ted Yates, Athletic Director
Denise Durkee, Athletic Secretary
General Athletic Requirements
Participating in school approved athletics is a privilege that involves certain additional responsibilities. All student-athletes are expected to conform to the following regulations if they choose to participate as a member of a Gladstone High School (GHS) Athletic Team. In addition, athletic participants must meet Oregon School Activities Association academic standards. Refer to the GHS Athletic/Activities Handbook for complete list of standards.
- Must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA with no F’s the preceding trimester and meet the OSAA requirement for progress toward graduation.
- Be in attendance at school all day (unless prearranged) before being allowed to participate or compete on that day.
- A student who becomes 19 years old before August 19 shall be ineligible.
- Must pass an athletic medical examination or have one on file prior to the first official practice. Physicals are good for 2 years from the date of examination. For a copy of the OSAA school pre-participation examination form click here.
- The school district makes available a student insurance program through an independent insurance carrier. This is not required; it is a matter for each family to decide. Some form of medical insurance must cover students who take part in athletics. Copies of a brochure describing the program are available in the high school office.
- All students are required to travel to and from all athletic contests in school approved vehicles. Deviations from this require approval by the coach, athletic director, or principal.
- Athletes will conduct themselves in a manner which brings credit to their team, school, and community.
- Athletes will abide by published athletic code standards which prohibit the use of alcohol, tobacco (in any form), and narcotics.
- Athletes will dress and appear as stipulated by the coach of each sport.
- Athletes will abide by published expectations distributed by each coach.