Kraxberger Middle School is happy to offer a band program to 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. Students start in 6th grade Beginning Band playing traditional band instruments featuring woodwinds, brass, and percussion. Each band performs for the public at least four times throughout the year. Additional performances may include competing at festivals, performing for younger students at John Wetten Elementary, pep band at assemblies, and more!
Contact: Teacher Seth Arnold, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gladstone School District Music Program Vision:
- Provide a well-rounded education for all students
- Provide a high quality and immersive music education
- Teach habits such as diligence, organization, and creative problem solving through an inherently rewarding and rigorous curriculum
- Improve school attendance
- Represent Gladstone in a positive light
- Entertain the community at sporting events, pep rallies, and local performances
- Compete at statewide festivals
- Provide students the opportunity to audition and attend All-State honor groups as well as Regional and National honor groups
Teacher Seth Arnold’s Personal Philosophy of Teaching and Music:
“My approach to teaching focuses on providing clear behavioral and academic expectations. Music classes should be fun and hard work. All music is equal and has educational value.”
Financial Burdens: A student will never be excluded from band due to financial hardship. If necessary, we will provide all of the necessary materials for students to participate in band. This includes instruments. This is only possible when families who can afford to purchase or rent the necessary materials due so. Potential financial burdens may include, but are not limited to: purchasing/renting an instrument, repairs, appropriate performance attire, reeds, method books, trip costs, food during trips, and a Jazz Band participation fee.