“Gladstone has the programs to help the serious student thrive and those to give the student who needs extra help the opportunity to succeed.”
— Gladstone parent
Looking for the right fit for your child? Consider Gladstone Schools, providing a whole-child education in a friendly, small-town community.
• A personal education experience: In Gladstone, no student is a number. When you enter the school, our team knows you and your child. This small community enables us to better meet your student’s unique needs — just one reason we have one of the highest graduation rates in Oregon.
• Full-day Kindergarten: With more than four years’ experience in full-time kindergarten, we provide a well-rounded program that includes weekly Music, Physical Education, Technology, Art, and Chinese. The program is housed at our renowned early childhood center, the Gladstone Center for Children & Families, designed for the unique needs of our youngest students.
• Chinese Program: Students in grades 7-12 will have the opportunity to experience the Mandarin language and Chinese culture, taught by a bilingual teacher from China. Students have fun exploring Chinese songs and games, while trying their hand at arts such as knot weaving, making dumplings, and paper cutting.
• AP & College Credit classes: Gladstone High offers students three ways to earn college credits in high school — AP classes (with credit by exam), Dual-credit classes (earning transferrable CCC credits), and Clackamas Community College classes offered in our school building. With 31 college-level courses to choose from, several students have earned more than 65 college credits at Gladstone High, saving money while getting a head start on college.
• Career-technical classes: Gladstone High offers 35 hands-on career & technical courses, many with college credits. Because these programs are offered on our campus, no class time is wasted getting there. That means more learning time for Robotics, Graphic Design, Computer Programming, Accounting, Web Design, Medical Terminology, and much more!
• A place to belong: In Gladstone, we know that mentorship outside the classroom matters as much as academics. That’s why every school offers clubs, and teams, from middle school Robotics and elementary Choir to the high school Literary Magazine, not to mention 19 competitive athletic teams and music groups.
• After School Support: Our schools offer academic support programs at every level, including computer-based learning support at John Wetten Elementary, after-school teacher support and library access at Kraxberger Middle School, and free tutoring on early release Wednesdays and our 3-hour Saturday Opportunity School for GHS students. All these supports are free.
• More Course Opportunities: GHS students can earn 30 high school credits, more than in districts with mandatory study hall. Every class meets the state standard, with over 130 instruction hours per course. More class offerings means students can take more electives.