School Closure Information
The decision to delay or close schools is made by the Superintendent and First Student Transportation between 4:30 a.m. and 6 a.m. when the conditions are known to be perilous at that time. Weather conditions may change following that time frame and are therefore monitored through the morning hours.
Our priority is to ensure the safety of your children so every precaution is taken when making these decisions in a timely manner. Rarely it is necessary to close school. When extreme weather emergencies, power outages, or other conditions make it impossible for the school to stay open, news media will be notified.
Should the weather look so bad that you suspect school might be closed or have a delayed opening, please refer to local news media websites, or visit the District website gladstone.k12.or.us. Gladstone Schools will also communicate snow closures by email and automated phone calls to all parents and on the Gladstone Schools Facebook page.
You can register at www.FlashAlert.net to receive instant email alerts of any school closure or emergency information posted by the school district. Here is how you register:
- Navigate to www.FlashAlert.net and click on ”Manager Your Messenger Subscription”
- You can either Login OR click on “Create New Account”
- Click on “Portland/Vancouver/Salem”
- Type in “Clackamas Co. Schools” or click on it from the menu
- Select “Gladstone Sch. Dist.”
- Enter primary email address
- Click “Subscribe”