A group of 40 community members and staff partnered in 2015-16 to create a Technology Plan to move the District forward. The group met nine times. A copy of the plan they developed is available here.
The group targeted six focus areas for technology advancement, including
1) Technology use to enhance student learning
2) Professional development in technology use
3) Student access to technology
4) Family engagement via technology
5) Community partnerships to increase technology access and enrich learning
This work is overseen by a new technology advisory group is helping the district to chart a course for these strategies.
2015-16 efforts included infrastructure improvements in all schools to serve foreseeable technology use. It also included creation of a grant program to support staff who are pioneers in launching innovative technology efforts in Gladstone classrooms.