Gladstone School District welcomes non-resident students to attend our schools via the inter district transfer process.
If your resident address is outside the Gladstone School District Boundaries, apply for ADMISSION INTO the Gladstone School District
In addition, you will need to contact your resident school district for a release to Gladstone School District. Prior to the student attending both districts will need to approve the transfer.
If you need assistance with the process, please feel free to email or call Natalie Weninger at 503.496.3935 – email@example.com
At the January 12, 2022 School Board meeting the Gladstone School Board approved the inter district transfer process for enrollment in 2022-2023 School Year to open on February 1, 2022.
- Based upon current transfer numbers we propose to accept into Gladstone School District the approval of the following:
Gladstone Center for Children and Families – Kindergarten 45 new students.
John Wetten Elementary – 15 new students in each grade (1-5).
Kraxberger Middle School – 20 new students in each grade (6-8). Gladstone High School – Grade 9 – 40 new students, Grade 10 – 10 new students. Grades 11 and 12 – 10 new students – applications for Grades 11 and 12 must be received by May 1, 2022.
- Beginning February 1, 2022, all applications for admission will be approved on a first come, first served basis for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Students accepted for inter-district transfer must abide by behavior and attendance expectations for the transfer to remain valid. These include: (1) Attendance must remain at 92% or greater; (2) No more than one suspension per academic year; (3) No suspension of greater than 5 days.
- Inter-district transfers will be in effect, with continued enrollment, through graduation.
TRANSPORTATION: No out of district transportation will be provided.
Inter-district transfers will be in effect, with continued enrollment, through graduation.
To Transfer Out of the Gladstone School District for the 2022-2023 School Year:
If your resident district is a Gladstone School District address and you wish to have your child attend in another school district, apply for a RELEASE from GSD and contact the district you wish your child to attend for their admission process. You will need approval from both district prior to the student attending.
- In addition to students who have previously been granted consent to transfer out, the Gladstone School District will release 50 students to other school districts during the 2022-2023 school year, on a first come, first served basis.
2021-22 ADMISSION INTO OR OUT OF GLADSTONE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Questions regarding the interdistrict transfer process for admission or release for the current school year, may be directed to: Natalie Weninger, Administrative Assistant, 503.496.3935 firstname.lastname@example.org
Board Policy Supporting Documents:
- JECB – Admission of Nonresident Students
- JECB-AR(2) Admission of Nonresident Students
- JECB-AR(3) Request for Nonresident Student Admission – Interdistrict Transfer