At the January 8, 2020 School Board meeting the Gladstone School Board approved the interdistrict transfer process for enrollment in 2020-21. Spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis for 250 students in grades K-12, including 45 openings in kindergarten. Once admitted, students can remain in the district through graduation without reapplying.
The transfer process will be applied to the 2020-2021 school year as detailed below:
- In addition to students who have previously been granted consent to transfer out, the Gladstone School District will release 50 students to other school districts during the 2020-2021 school year, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Based upon current transfer numbers, we propose to accept into Gladstone School District the approval of the following:
- All applications for admission will be approved on a first-come, first-served basis for the 2020-2021 school year beginning February 1, 2020.
- Students accepted for interdistrict transfer must abide by behavior and attendance expectations for the transfer to remain valid. These include: (1) Attendance must remain at 92% or greater; (2) No more than one suspension per academic year; (3) No suspension of greater than 5 days.
- Interdistrict transfers will be in effect, with continued enrollment, through graduation.
TRANSPORTATION: No out of district transportation will be provided.
2020-21 ADMISSION TO GLADSTONE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Two Steps are required for admission.
1 – Complete the fillable pdf application, download the form, complete the form, save it to your computer and then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Gladstone School District Office to pick up a paper form.
2 – Contact your resident school district to request a release.
Note: Gladstone Schools cannot allow attendance without a release from your home district. There may be a deadline or lottery in your home district. You will want to contact them right away.
Two Steps are required for release.
1 – Complete the fillable pdf Release application, download the form, complete the form, save it to your computer and then email it to email@example.com or stop by the Gladstone School District Office to pick up a paper form.
2 – Contact the school district you wish to attend to apply for admission.
Note: Your release is not final until the attending district approves admission. There may be a deadline or lottery in your resident district. Please contact them right away.
Questions regarding the interdistrict transfer process for admission or release may be directed to: Natalie Weninger, Administrative Assistant, 503.496.3935 firstname.lastname@example.org
2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR – INTERDISTRICT TRANSFERS
Due to the State School Closures, effective March 23, 2020, the district is unable to accept non-resident transfers into the current school year. Applications for the 2020-21 school year are being accepted as stated above.