Work Share Information

Work Share Program
Gladstone School District 
& Oregon Employment Department

Gladstone School District is participating in the Work Share program through the Oregon Employment Department. Eligible employees have their work week hours and pay reduced by 20-40% (depending on the week) starting May 18 through June 12.  Participation in the Work Share program allows eligible employees to access unemployment and federal CARES ACT funds.  The result of a partial furlough and access to CARES ACT funds ($600/person/week) will result in no net loss of income to the employee and will have no impact on benefits.

Links to forms:
Initial Claim Form (required):  English & Spanish
Authorization for Direct Deposit Form (optional):Authorization for Electronic Deposit (Form 117H2)

Details are below, but the forms are due to be returned by 3. p.m. on Wednesday, May 20, either by email or in-person.


How will my paychecks be affected?
For those who may/will qualify for furlough the following applies:

  • 6/12/2020 “June” Paycheck to Certified and Classified (excluding staff who work 240 or 260 days).  This check covers the period of 5/2- 6/5/2020 so will include 4 furlough days.
  • 6/12/2020 “July” Paycheck to Certified and Classified (excluding 240 or 260 staff).  This check covers the period of 6/6-6/12/2020 so will include 1 furlough day.
  • 6/30/2020 “Aug” Paycheck to Certified and Classified (excluding 240 or 260 staff).  This check covers the period of 6/13- 6/30/2020 so will include 0 furlough days.
  • 6/30/2020 “June” Paycheck to Confidential, Admin, and Classified 240 and 260 staff.  This check covers the period of 5/2-6/30 so will include 5 furlough days.
  • 6/30/2020 “July” Paycheck to Classified Secretaries who work more than 191 days per year.  Covers the period of 6/13-6/30 so will include 0 furlough days.

Who is eligible to receive unemployment compensation through the Oregon Work Share program?
Work Share is an unemployment insurance program in Oregon that allows workers to receive partial unemployment benefits while avoiding full layoffs.  You must be eligible for Oregon’s Work Share program to participate.

Generally speaking, to be eligible for unemployment benefits under Work Share, you:

  • Must be employed continuously (and not on a limited term) by GSD full-time for the past 6 months or part-time for the past 12 months.
  • Must not be a limited term employee or a substitute employee.
  • Must be available to work your reduced hours in the week of the Work Share program (so you must not be on a leave or take leave).
  • Must not have recently exhausted employment benefits.

Eligibility is determined solely by the Oregon Employment Department based on state law. GSD has no authority to decide if an employee is eligible for unemployment benefits.

How much will I earn through Work Share and the CARES Act?
The Oregon Employment Department has an online benefit estimator to estimate your regular unemployment payment: 

If you are eligible for Oregon Work Share unemployment benefits in any week for any amount, you will automatically be eligible for an additional $600/week of federal CARES Act payments.

Can I take vacation or sick leave before June 12, 2020, and be eligible for compensation through the Work Share program and CARES Act?
Missing a work opportunity for any reason, other than a COVID-related leave, will make you ineligible to participate in the Work Share program that week.  Please work with your supervisor in advance to arrange for time off.

What happens if I’m not eligible?
If you are not eligible for unemployment benefits or your benefit amount is $0, then you will not have a reduction in your GSD hours and your GSD wages will remain the same.

I have a second job. Will this affect my payment amount through Work Share?Maybe. You will report income for other employment and from retirement during the past two years on the Initial Claim Form. It is possible to earn too much income from other sources to receive unemployment benefit payments, even if you are otherwise eligible for unemployment.

If you receive additional income from other employment that makes you ineligible for at least $1 under the Work Share program, GSD will exclude you as a participant going forward.  You will be returned to your regular hours and pay. If this happens, you will be able to use available paid leave to cover the time that your hours were reduced.

How is full-time and part-time defined?
For purposes of participation in the Work Share program, employees who are .75 FTE and greater are full-time and employees who are .74 FTE and less are part-time.

Will this have any impact on my health benefits?
No.  Under the Work Share program, health benefits are not reduced.

Will my vacation and sick leave accrual rates change?
All leave accrual will remain the same.

What if I need help filling out the Initial Claim Form?
If you do not have access to a device or the Internet, in-person support will be available at Kraxberger Middle School on Wednesday, May 20, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.  Please sign up via this Google sign-up sheet, or contact Tammy Tracy at or 503-650-2577 no later than 3 p.m. on Tuesday, May 19 to schedule a time.

In order to maintain social distancing, we ask that you follow these guidelines:
·       If possible come alone, or limit the number of individuals who must come with you;
·       Wear cloth face covering;
·       Wear gloves;
·       Maintain proper social distancing at all times.

Initial Claim Form Instructions & Information

The completed Initial Claim Form is to be returned to the District Office and is due by 3:00 pm on Wednesday, May 20.  The form may be scanned and emailed to if you have the capacity to do so.  If not, you may return the form to the mail slot next to the front door of the District Office.

All required fields, even if they don’t pertain to the Work Share program, must be completed in order to submit the claim form. While you will be submitting information for an unemployment insurance claim, OED can process GSD’s Work Share program claims much faster if we use the initial claim form.  This form must be printed and signed prior to returning to the district office.

Links to forms:
Initial Claim Form (required):  English & Spanish


Authorization for Direct Deposit Form (optional):Authorization for Electronic Deposit (Form 117H2)

You do not need to file a separate claim for the federal CARES amount of $600.

To complete the Initial Claim Form be prepared with the following information:

  • Social Security Number.
  • Start date with GSD.
  • Work history for the last 18 months, including dates of employment, your employers’ business names, addresses and phone numbers.
  • Estimated salary and total income from each employer.
  • If you are not a citizen of the United States, you will need your Alien Registration Number and documentation.
  • If you are a veteran, you will need your DD-214. 

    You can find your hire date and gross salary in the iVision Employee Self Service Portal.

  • Gross pay – entering an estimate will be fine. If you want to look it up, your gross pay can be found on your paycheck which is available in the portal.
  • You will be asked about other employment. You must answer this honestly – even if your work with the other employer has not changed.
  • You will also need to complete a tax withholding form.
  • Payments from OED: The first payment will be a check from the Oregon Employment Department.  Additional payments will either be direct deposit, or a debit card from OED if direct deposit was not selected.
  • If you need to take leave for any reason you must enter your leave in AESOP the day of the leave and contact your supervisor as you normally would. Note, any leave taken during a furlough week will result in not being eligible for Work Share benefits for that week.

Reminder: you only need to complete the Initial Claim Form one time to GSD. You will not need to submit a weekly claim form to OED. You will submit information on a weekly basis to GSD via a Google form for days worked, leaves, and additional income/retirement pay. This reporting is separate from the Initial Claim Form.

If you choose not to submit the Initial Claim Form, you will not receive payments through the Work Share Program, and your hours and GSD pay will still be reduced.