Is your New Year’s resolution to learn something new? Gladstone’s Community Schools program offers classes and activities for adults and kids. From ukulele and Spanish to dance and sports, you will find fun, affordable courses for the whole family! Register now by clicking the Learning for Life button.
Education Foundation supports Gladstone Schools: The Gladstone Education Foundation [GEF] awarded over $20,000 in grants to support school and community programs that benefit Gladstone youth. Funded projects include:
- Virtual Welding at Gladstone High
- Expansion of the Backpack Buddies program
- Leveled literacy books for John Wetten Elementary
- Books for the library at Kraxberger Middle School
- Capturing Story Creations for kindergarten
- Early literacy programs at Gladstone Public Library
- Challenge Day for 7th graders at Kraxberger Middle School
- Thursday Hour educational events at Gladstone Center for Children & Families
- A ceramics kiln for Gladstone High School
- A Shakespeare Festival Trip for Gladstone High students
Water & radon testing in Gladstone schools
This summer the Gladstone School District hired an independent lab to systematically test school faucets and drinking fountains to ensure a safe water supply. More than 500 water samples from the district’s five buildings were analyzed for lead and copper. Complete test results are available here.
“Protecting the health of our students and staff is a top priority,” said Superintendent Bob Stewart. “We moved quickly to remedy each problem identified before school started.”